Task 1.2 Managerial duties
(Partner involved: IRD; Month 7 - Month 57)
The European project manager (appointed by IRD, partner 1) will handle the management of the project. S/he will be assisted by the relevant IRD services (European Affairs, Finance and Human Resources departments). The EPM will work closely with the Coordination team and constantly communicate with project partners and WP leaders.
a) Administrative and contractual management:
- Day-to-day management: collecting operational information from partners (work, costs, deviations from plans, etc.), monitoring activities and deliverables, continuously reminding of deadlines, tracking inconsistencies.
- Assisting the Coordinator and Beneficiaries with the EC Project Periodic and Interim Reports, checking for consistencies, reminders of the rules, constraints and obligations.
- Getting the Consortium Agreement actually implemented and maintained
- Updating and securing approval for - the annexes to the Consortium Agreement (e.g. Annex providing the list of affiliates, Annex granting access rights to background, Annex collating the side-agreements, etc.), and collecting formal approval/signatures.
- Amendments to the EC Grant Agreement
- Obtaining the regular update of the Risk Management worksheet, the means of verification, and the success indicators.
b) Financial Management:
- Keep the project records and financial accounts to be able to determine at any time what portion of the Community financial contribution has been paid to each Beneficiary for the purposes of the project versus EC funds cash flow.
- Assist the Coordinator and decision bodies with the calculation of payments in keeping with the rules laid down by the Consortium Agreement.
- Evaluate and monitor project costs in order to predict, monitor, oversee and control the overall costs incurred and EC support granted both in total, by WP and by participant
- Collect and aggregate information for the intermediate resources checking (at least every six months) the interim reports and official periods - full reports.
- Assist partners with Financial Statements. Reiterate the financial rules repeatedly.
- Obtain financial statements and certificates from each of the participants